Saturday, February 05, 2011

Wishing me like to one more rich in hope

What's the best thing going for me right now?

I have to pick just one? Thank goodness for poetic license.

First, friends.

For the first time in my life, I am surrounded by friends who really love me, and I love them back. I don't worry about being someone other than myself. They know the good and the bad, and they accept both.

I don't have to in the closet with all my adoption issues because most of my friends are adopted, and if they're not, they understand and support me to the best of their ability.

Second, hope.

I have emerged from the painful tunnel of no escape, at least for now. Even though my health is still not great, I don't have an overwhelming desire to give up on life. I have a place, and I see it. When I reach out, my reaching is reciprocated. This could change tomorrow, but I don't want to be pessimistic today, just realistic.

Third, reunion.

Who knew, a year ago, that C would come around? I had no hope at all. It is hard to stare at a brick wall and have any faith that it will come down. I might be a fool, but I am nothing if not tenacious. It has been life changing to have my brother, sister-in-law, and C actively in my life because THEY want to be in it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very, very happy for you! So glad you didn't give up. You never would have felt the joy of today. May you be blessed with many happy tomorrows as well. Keep going!!! :)