Thursday, November 15, 2012

Ides of November

It seems that the move is off, and while I am a little disappointed in the end, I am also relieved. I have come to know and love the bay, and I adore those mornings when I can take the boys and the skinny dog with no tail to Crissy Field, where we walk on the beach in the shadow of the Golden Gate Bridge. It's joyous to have such natural beauty easily accessible. And the climate here is 100x better for me. I am a fragile Northern European flower who does not do well in extreme heat.


There will be other adventures ahead, no doubt.

In the meantime, I have decided that I need to improve my French; reading Nerval was a comeuppance. I bought a book titled Correct Your French Blunders. I have much to do in terms of remembering. Maybe I can even find a Francophone patient to bear with me today at work!




No comments: