Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pieces of Reunion

Before I take my next dose of pain meds, relax into my pillows, and try to forget all that is annoying in this world, I want to announce that my essay about search, reunion, and rejection was accepted for publication in an edited volume of stories told by adoptees, first mothers, and adoptive mothers. It is forthcoming from EMK Press, edited by Claudia D'Arcy, Carrie Kitze, and LewEllen Singley, and titled Pieces of Reunion. My essay, "I'm Not Lost," seems darkly ironic at this moment, but perhaps I can keep that optimistic sentiment in mind. I wrote it at the nadir of things last fall, and I survived that. One never knows.

Check out the preliminary Table of Contents here.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Congrats! I can't wait for this book to come out.