Friday, October 01, 2010

Phoenix

I have not been as assiduous about blogging as I had thought I would be. Somehow putting all my feelings about reunion and rejection and my illness out there made things seem worse. As if writing it made me face it.

That said, it's time. I couldn't decide whether to keep this blog or start a new one. I am not so sold on being marginal, although it would appear it's a position I seem destined to inhabit. I seem to have the unenviable role of arguing things from the position of the underdog (or is that adoptee?).

So stick here it is. I choose to look at myself as rising from the ashes, even if I am living on the margins. As I said in my very first post here so long ago, the margins can be very colorful, vibrant, interesting places of intersections. It's no crime, and the company is generally very good.

I have also been reading blogs of increasing numbers of people related to the adoption community, very smart blogs. I don't know that I aspire to the heights of some of my adoptee friends as yet, but I would consider myself fortunate to enter their ranks. It is time for me to speak out, tell my story, and advocate for adoptees. If we don't do it, God knows no one will do it for us.

An fmom also challenged me to put my money where my mouth is and comment on her blog as a real person. Fine. I take your challenge and raise you. Tell the truth to your son. He deserves to know his brother as his brother.

3 comments:

Cricket said...

<3 and hugs.

Real Daughter said...

Im so happy you are here in adopto-blog land!!!

I find it so ironic that this F Mom says her personal policy is "If it's worth owning, saying and/or repeating, then come out from behind the shadows and FULLY own it". I guess that only applies to her blog, not her kids.

Yeah..."OWN IT". ALL of it.

Love you, girl!!

ms. marginalia said...

Linda, you crack me up! So true. She owns pretty much nothing.