Thursday, March 15, 2007

Developments

I can't believe that two months have passed. So much has happened that's good. I'll save the less happy things for my next entry.

I was accepted into the Entry-Level Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner track at Samuel Merritt College in Oakland. I couldn't be happier! I won't have a long commute into the city, and I'll get to go straight through to the FNP. It will be challenging, but I'm so ready to work hard. And I'm going to help a dear friend study for the NCLEX, which she plans to take this summer. I am excited to learn along with her.

My husband and I made an offer on a house in Alameda that has been accepted, so if all goes well, we'll be homeowners in a month. I will be sad to leave and sell our loft, but it's absolutely time to move. Our boys need more space (as do we), and our new home is simply perfect for us.

My three-year-old son started preschool in February and couldn't be happier. He is blooming in the social environment, and I'm glad for him and for the chance to spend time alone with the younger one.

I'm leaving tonight to go spend a long weekend my best friend from graduate school, Thomenon, who lives in Salt Lake City. I will get to sleep uninterrupted in his apartment for THREE whole nights, and we can shop, check out guys, and generally have a blast together. I am desperately in need of this mini-vacation.

No comments: